Selecting the proper gear for your child can be a daunting task. We're here to guide you through the process, so you'll be an expert in no time.
OzMo Partnership Discounts:
StringKing: Send an email email@example.com with your preferred email address to be added to our StringKing discount page
- 20% off of heads, shafts and stringing kits
Fortis Elite: https://www.fortiselite.com/discount/OZMO
- Code OZMO at checkout
- 20% off of shafts and heads
Boys' Gear list:
- Arm Guards or Pads
- Shoulder pads
- Mouth guard
- Athletic cup
- Rib pads (optional)
- Gear bag (optional)
When shopping for your son's first set of gear, please consider the following:
- There are three levels of protection for a player's arms: arm guards, arm pads and elbow guards/pads. We do not recommend elbow guards/pads for youth lacrosse.
- When your child reaches the U12 age bracket, it may be time to consider a backup stick. Your son should be using his stick 2-3 times per week outside of regularly scheduled practices by this point.
- U8 & U10 Boys should consider youth sized sticks by StringKing, Powell, Signature or Warrior
- SIZING: https://www.sportstop.com/size-charts
- Helmet brands have varying shelf lives according to the manufacturer. Cascade helmets are generally good for 1-2 years before requiring a recertification. Warrior helmets are certified for 5 years from the date of manufacturer. Always best to buy a new or lightly used helmet for your son.
Sample Youth Lacrosse Gear Set for U8/U10 minus cleats, mouthguard and cup:
Girls' Gear list:
- Mouth guard
- Stick or Gear bag (optional)
When shopping for your daughter's first set of gear, please consider the following:
- U8 & U10 Girls should consider youth sized sticks by StringKing and Signature
- When your child reaches the U12 age bracket, it may be time to consider a backup stick. Your daughter should be using her stick 2-3 times per week outside of regularly scheduled practices by this point.
Where to buy:
- There are tons of sites to buy lacrosse gear, the following list is not exhaustive but represents a group of companies we've used in the past.
- Always check clearance sections for the previous year's model of gear, this will save you money in upfront costs.